Monday, March 26, 2012

Busy Spring

Sure has been a busy one.  Between many Doctor's visits with Kalyn and some remodeling on my bathroom and trying to get my Headbands, Bows, and Hats business to going, I haven't had much time to blog lately.
I can't believe that I am going to have a Granddaughter in 2 weeks! The Doctor is going to induce her on April 9th, unless she goes into Labor before then.  We are ready for her to be here, especially Kalyn.  The gestional diabetes has been really tough on her.  The farther along she has got the more her sugar has gone up. She is now taking 4 pills a day and trying so hard to keep her numbers down.  The past few weeks she really hasn't felt good at all.  Her Ultrasound last week shows that Larriyah is doing good but is a little small.  She was measured at 5 lbs 12 ounces.  We are hoping she will be at least 6 lbs by the time she is born.  I pray constantly that her and Kalyn will be okay.  We go back to the Doctor again today too.
The weather has been really amazing this Spring.  I think we actually went from a mild winter to Summer.  We had to run the Air Conditioner all last week as it was so warm.  It has been a little more normal this past week-end.  And I have been taking some of my plants out of the greenhouse. Still scared to bring out too many as you never know what can happen in April.  I managed to take a few pics of spring flowers.

But not nearly enough that I wanted to take.  Bummer part,,all my Tulips that I had planted along the side walk did not bloom at all. Well I had 2 that bloomed and that was it.  I am pretty sure that the millions of Moles that we have in our yard have managed to eat on the bulbs and caused them to not produce this year.  It's very disheartening.  Last year they were gorgeous.  I have been fighting the Moles but have just about given up on them.  Our whole neighborhood has so many Moles.  Just so hard to have a decent yard and flowers with those horrid pests.
A couple of weeks ago when the moon was full I did get a good picture of it.
I Loved the way it turned out.  Kind of Spooky looking.   Today is going to be another beautiful day.  After the Doctors appointment, I hope to come home and work in the yard some more.   I hope every one is doing well.  And hope you all have a great week.
xoxoxo

2 comments:

Rosa said...

What is up with the friggin' moles??? OMGarsh! Everywhere I walk, there are tunnels!!! I saw some poison grubs the other day that I thought twice about! And I never think like that!!! hahaha. Soooo excited about sweet Little Foot will be here soon!! I bet everyone is just sooooo excited, and scared. Oh, remember the first one, how terrifying it all is? I wouldn't want to go back there!!

I can't wait to see her!!

Shopgirl said...

The baby may be tiny, but mighty. I know you can hardly wait...soon seems to be longer when we are waiting for a wonderful little bundle...Hugs, mary